Sisterhood is the organization for and about all women of Adat Chaverim. We are the collective presence, voice and strength of women. We join together for programs benefiting the congregation and the community, including social activities, Torah study, and above all, individual growth, fulfilling our potential as people and as Jewish Women.
Sisterhood thrives with the support of each woman in our congregation, appealing to all ages and life stages. The Sisterhood needs the talented, educated woman with her fresh approach, leadership potential, and informed outlook, as well as her energy and desire to do, to work and get involved. Sisterhood needs the support of all women of the Congregation, including those with little or no time to spare.
Please join or renew your annual Sisterhood membership today. Simply complete the Membership Form and return it to Anna Beth Denny with your check made payable to Adat Chaverim Sisterhood. If you are a Temple Torah Circle Member, please complete the form and return it without payment.
Please join today and help maintain the vitality of sisterhood.
We are stronger together, and without you we are one sister short.
Donna Flushman, Sisterhood President
Bonnie Siegel, Vice President of Membership
Sisterhood Making a Difference 2012 - 2013
- Annual Sisterhood Kabbalat Shabbat
- 50% of the cost of the Candlesticks and Kiddush Cups given to the B'nai Mitzvah Students
- Setting up Shabbat regular and B'nai Mitzvah onegs
- High Holiday Gift Basket Distribution
- Annual Galerie 18 Chanukah Gala Event
- Annual Chanukah Market Day for religious school students
- Annual Mother/Daughter Tea
- Baking Hamentachen
- Baking for weekly Onegs
- Provide service for B'nail Mitzvah Luncheons as well as any other special events
Tikkun Olam Projects
- Donations to Genesis Women's Shelter of Dallas
- Donation of infant & toddler items to the Vogel Alcove of Dallas
- Ongoing looming knitted hats for cancer patients at Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center
- Ongoing contributions and support of the Rainbow Room of the Collin County Children's Advocacy Center
- Making and distributing Purim Shelach Manot Bags to Jewish ASsisted Living Residences including Chai House
- Donations to Minnie's Food Pantry (Food as well as cash donations)
Financial Donations to Adat Chaverim (Approximately $12,000 to date)
- Donation to the Green Family Camp Scholarship Fund
- Donation to Adat Chaverim for Bring The Light Compaign 2012
- Donation to the Student Cantor Program for 2011 - 2012
- Donation of over $300 to Minnie's Food Pantry
- Achieved the YES Fund Honor Roll with merit (monthly cards/donations)
- Past President attended the December 2011 Biennial in Washington D.C.
- Received the WRJ Bronze or Ami Award for programming ("Let's Play it Safe" program) at the December 2011 Biennial
PLUS, PLAN FUN AND INTERESTING MEETINGS THROUGHOUT
THE YEAR FOR ADAT CHAVERIM WOMEN, FAMILIES AND CHILDREN